Tuesday, May 8, 2007

In dying that we're born to Eternal Life

"Whoever finds his life will lose it and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Somewhere in the Gospels Jesus says this. I cannot live a life of comfort and conviction at the same time. One has to give. Either I put myself on the line and I am authentic trying my best to live the life God has given me the way he wants, or I take the easy way out and play the part of being modern, sophisticated and "grown-up". I deny the reality of child-like simplicity which is imperative for entering into Eternal Life. When I am well educated and know many things, I can perceive myself to be wise, but in fact, play the bigger fool for it. If I deny Jesus, he will deny me. If I cut myself off from the source of Life, I am dead inside. If I die unrepentant, I am aborted to eternal death. I pray for the grace of final perseverance almost every day. When my hour is come, I want to be born to Eternal Life. I am in the womb of the Church, the womb of my family, the womb of the Blessed Virgin, the womb of the wounds of Christ where I seek shelter until that day I am called. May the Blood of Christ which speaks more eloquently than that of Abel speak on my behalf that day, and may I die with the sweet name of Jesus on my lips.

Amen.

No comments: